PE & Health
The mission of the Des Plaines Elementary School District 62 Physical Education Department is to utilize community assets and promote all students to achieve and pursue a lifetime of:
- Personal goal setting;
- Interest and knowledge of how to get and stay physically fit and healthy;
- Cooperation, communication, and to work as an effective part of a team;
- Respect for their body and self in the physical, cognitive, and affective domains;
- Continual participation in sport, leisure, and wellness activities;
- Success, where failure is just another step forward.
For the D62 Personal Health, Safety, and Comprehensive Sexual Health Education Curriculum for 4th-8th grades, please see our D62 Health Curriculum Map Dashboard
The District 62 PE/Health Curriculum is based on the Illinois Learning Standards.
Please contact Mark Moser, Coordinator for Physical Education and Athletics, at email@example.com with questions.