Welcome to the 2023-2024 School Year
CCSD62 offers AM and PM half-day kindergarten in all nine of its elementary schools
Our Mission is to Empower Confident, Future Ready Learners and Productive Citizens
What time should my child be at school?
9:00AM - 11:30AM - AM Kindergarten
1:00PM - 3:30PM - PM Kindergarten
1:00PM - 3:15PM - PM Kindergarten (Mondays)
Iroquois Community School (ICS) Schedule:
8:00AM - 10:45AM - AM Kindergarten
12:00PM - 2:45PM - PM Kindergarten
12:00PM - 2:30PM - PM Kindergarten (Mondays)
Special Education Services
District 62 offers several early special education classes designed to meet the educational needs of exceptional children in the least restrictive environment. Contact the school if you would like more information.
Extended Day Kindergarten Program
District 62 offers a tuition-based Extended Day Kindergarten (EDK) program. EDK is an extension to the regular kindergarten program that allows students to participate in a full day educational program to further build readiness skills for a successful school experience.
The EDK program is offered at the Early Learning Center (ELC) and Forest Elementary School. A bus shuttle transports students from their home school to the ELC or the ELC to their home school. All students that use the bus shuttle have lunch at the ELC.
• Each spring, kindergarten registration is planned for children who will attend kindergarten in the fall.
• Families/guardians are required to provide the following:
- The original birth certificate of the child.
- Three proofs of residency within the boundaries of District 62.
- A completed physical examination form with current record of immunizations is due by the first day of school, if not presented at the time of registration.
• Notice of assignment to morning or afternoon class will be communicated to you by your school, prior to the first day of attendance.
• A conference prior to the start of the school year is helpful to the child, family, and teacher. The kindergarten teacher will request a conference with the family member who will be notified by mail of the appointment time.
Fees and Transportation
• The book fee in kindergarten is $78.00 and covers special school materials.
• Accident insurance is available for children. Detailed information can be obtained at your school.
• Field trips are often planned as part of the regular program. Transportation costs of such trips are determined in advance and families/ guardians are notified.
• A permission form signed by a family member/ guardian is required for each trip.
• Bus transportation may be available for children. Detailed cost and schedule information may be secured from your school or found on our Transportation webpage.
Central Elementary School
Cumberland Elementary School
Forest Elementary School
Iroquois Community School
North Elementary School
Orchard Place Elementary School
Plainfield Elementary School
South Elementary School
Terrace Elementary School
PDF Version of the 2023-2024 Kindergarten Handbook
Available in English, Spanish and Polish.