Notification of Vital Document Translation
Dear Parents/Guardians:We are writing to inform you of a new requirement under Illinois law. Pursuant to the Illinois Administrative Code, all parents/guardians of students with disabilities who are eligible for an IEP have a right to have certain IEP documents translated into their native language.
Those documents include the following:
● Parent/Guardian Notification of Conference
● Parent/Guardian Notification of Conference Recommendations
● Notice of Procedural Safeguards for Parents/Guardians of Students with Disabilities
● Parent/Guardian Consent for Initial Evaluation
● Parent Consent for Reevaluation
● Evaluation Reports
● Eligibility Determination
● Manifestation Determination Review Documents
● IEP Progress Reports
● Medicaid Consent Forms
If you would like to request to have any of the above documents translated into your native language, please contact your child’s case manager at their assigned school. If at any point you receive a translation that you find inadequate, please also contact your child’s case manager.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have at 847.824.1160 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lea Anne Frost
Dr. Lea Anne Frost
Co-Interim Assistant Superintendent for Student Services