Our Mission is to Empower Confident, Future Ready Learners and Productive Citizens
Your child should arrive no more than 10 minutes before the beginning of each school day.
- Punctuality and regularity play an important part in the development of your child’s school habits. A note is required upon his/her return after an absence explaining the reason for absence.
- Kindergarten is dismissed on Mondays at 2:30pm (ICS) or 3:15pm (all other schools) to allow teachers to attend weekly staff meetings.
All students must register for each school year on the dates and at the place designated by the superintendent.
Parents/guardians of students enrolling in the district for the first time must present:
- The student’s original birth certificate. Upon failure to provide the student’s original birth certificate, that school shall notify in writing the person enrolling the student that within 30 days she/he must provide either (1) a certified copy of the student’s birth certificate or (2) other reliable proof, as determined by the department, of the student’s identity and age, and an affidavit explaining the inability to produce the original birth certificate. Upon failure of a person enrolling a student to comply, the school shall immediately notify the local law enforcement agency and shall also notify the person enrolling the student in writing that, unless she/he complies within 10 days, the case shall be referred to the local law enforcement authority for investigation. If compliance is not obtained within that 10-day period, the school shall refer the case. The school shall immediately report to the local law enforcement authority any affidavit received which appears inaccurate or suspicious in form or content.
- Proof of residence, as required per board policy.
- Proof of disease immunization or detection and the required physical examination, as required by state law and per board policy.
McKinney-Vento (Homeless) Eligible Students
Any child experiencing homelessness will be immediately admitted, even if the child or child’s parent/guardian is unable to produce records typically required for enrollment as per Board policy. If you have questions, please contact the district’s Interim Homeless Education Liaison, Dr. Lea Anne Frost, by calling 847-824-1160 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of emergency, it is important to keep the school informed about:
- Changes in your name, address, phone number, and family physician.
- Name of person to contact in case either family/guardian cannot be reached.
- Your absence from home in the case of travel.
PDF Version of the 2023-2024 Kindergarten Handbook
Available in English, Spanish and Polish.