Substitute In CCSD62
We make every effort to staff our classrooms with professionals and paraprofessionals of outstanding ability and dedication.
It is reassuring to know that when a classroom teacher or staff member must be absent, there is an equally dedicated substitute implementing the instructional program—You.
As a substitute, we know you possess many talents—versatility, flexibility, and selflessness to name a few. As you consider applying to be a substitute at CCSD62, trust that you will feel a real sense of satisfaction as you view the contributions you make to the students and programs of our District. We appreciate that you are there when we need you the most.
- Must hold a bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- Valid for substitute teaching in all grades of the public schools, prekindergarten through grade 12.
- Substitute licenses are valid for 5 years, and may be renewed with the payment of registration fees.
Short Term Substitute License
- Must hold an Associate's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or show completion of 60 semester hours of coursework.
- Valid for substitute teaching in all grades of the public schools, pre-kindergarten through grade 12.
- Short-term Substitute license are valid until June 30, 2023, and may not be renewed.
- Cannot teach more than 5 consecutive days per licensed teacher.
- Must complete a training program provided by the school board.
- Can serve as a paraprofessional
- Coursework must be at the 100-level or higher from a regionally accredited college or university.