Student Parent Handbook
Manual de la escuela de Orchard Place
The Student Parent Handbook is designed to acquaint you with various school policies and procedures, and to give you an overview of your child's school. If you have any questions, feel free to call (847) 824-1255 between 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Arrival and Dismissal
Student safety is of the utmost importance to us. We would like to remind our families that supervision of students begins at 8:45 a.m. and request that students
not be dropped off prior to this time. If you need to drop your student off prior to this time, the district provides a parent paid before and after school program for students at our building. Please contact our SPARK office at 847-824-1075 if you are interested in this service.
At 8:55 AM the 1st bell rings. This is the signal for all children to line up at their class’ designated location. The tardy bell rings at 9:00 AM.
Students are to enter the building in a quiet, orderly manner ready to learn. Students are NOT allowed to enter the building through the front doors, unless
they are arriving early (by prior arrangement) or late. In either case, they must check in with the office. As a precaution, parents may not escort children into the school or into the classroom. On inclement weather days (rainy or cold) children are allowed inside the building starting at 8:45 AM. Supervisors will escort them into the building through the playground entrance.
It is expected that students arrive to school in time everyday. If students do arrive late to school (after the 9:00 AM bell) they must go to the office and inform
the secretary before going to their classroom. Chronic tardiness will result in consequences, including parental contact.
- On Mondays, student dismissal is at 3:15 pm. On every other day student dismissal is at 3:30 pm.
- Students that take the bus will be escorted to the bus pick-up zone at the front of the school.
- Students who walk home or who are picked up from school will be dismissed onto the playground from their designated grade level doors. (These are the same doors through which students enter in the morning).
- Parents (or other properly identified adults) who are picking up children may do so ONLY from the playground.
- Parent parking is available in the south parking lot off Pratt Avenue.
- Parents may NOT park in the bus zone or in the staff parking lot on the north end of the school.
- Parents must obey federal laws prohibiting cars from passing busses that are loading or unloading.
- Students that are to be picked up must be picked up at 3:30 p.m.