Spanish as a World Language Program
As part of the CCSD62 Guiding Principles for Teaching and Learning, the Spanish program provides Global Awareness and Multicultural Literacy. Furthermore, research shows that learning a foreign language stimulates one's intellectual ability, expands one's thinking, and improves SAT and ACT scores.
School District 62 is committed to providing a high quality World Language Program that values understanding and communicating in the target language; learning about various cultures and making connections within and beyond the school community.
To develop communicative skills in a second language.
A high quality World Language Program should be grounded in research. Therefore, we are committed to the following beliefs:
- Promote understanding of and respect for cultural and linguistic diversity
- Enable all students to achieve high standards
- Increase awareness of first language
- Evaluate data and make program adjustments to continually improve student learning
Students are chosen for this program based on:
- Reading and Language Usage MAP scores that meet or exceed their grade level standards
- Overall 6th grade academic performance including cumulative GPA and teacher recommendation.
Spanish Language Resources
La Real Academia Española
The American Council on The Teaching of Foreign Languages
The American Council of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese
Prentice Hall Realidades Resources
La Jornada en Internet
Super Language Links
Internet 4 Language Resources